Steve Madden - Size grossly mismarked on boots - they will not accept return.
Update added by user Mar 02
After filing a dispute with my Credit Card Company and advising Steve Madden that I had done so, I received an "I'm sorry - here's return labels - we will issue credit with item is received here" email.
Will update when credit is received.
Original review posted by user Mar 01
Ordered size 9 boots online.My usual size is 8, and I wanted to be able to wear a thicker sock as footbed is not padded.
Boots arrived and when I went to try one on, I could not squeeze my foot into what was stamped inside boot as a "size 9". I would guess that these boots are a size 7.5. I put the boot sole to sole with my size 8 shoe, and the boot is noticeably shorter. I called the customer service number and spoke with "Chris".
I explained the situation - he stated "you should have read the reviews, it says they run small, you should have ordered a size larger". I told him I DID order a size larger, but these were very obviously not a 9. He told me since these boots were on sale, they cannot be returned and he could do nothing for me. Then he actually told me that if I was not happy I should post a bad review on the website!
I went to the website and started the online chat with another Rep. This one told me to email a picture showing the size discrepancy and he would see what could be done. I emailed the picture showing the boot as shorter than my size 8 shoe, and also pictures of the inside size stamp (8) on my shoe and the size stamp claiming to be 9 on the inside of the boot. A short time later I got a reply stating that since I had compared their boot to a shoe not manufactured by them, they could not help me.
For the record, the comparison shoe was a Clarks, which I have always felt were consistent in their sizing and are a reputable shoe manufacturer. So, I have a pair of boots I cannot wear and Steve Madden has my money.
I have posted this experience on Facebook and asked everyone to share it in the hopes that people stop buying from this company who cares nothing for customer service.And to think that before this I had been excited to be getting Steve Madden boots - what a sad joke!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Entire experience
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Steve Madden Boots
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I order a blue jumper( with other items) as attached photo with pattern on it as first photo. 6 weeks later or I got a blue jumper but totally different..."
- "I ordered 5 dresses on 2/16/16 and spent $120. They took my money, and I have NO CLOTHES! There is no live chat, and if they get back to you,..."
- "I saw an ad for this website on facebook & a great looking white coat for cheap. It seemed too good to be true (free shipping & all) but I..."
- "I am not one that usually complains but... Repeatedly the driver who delivers to my home has been more than rude to me to my daughter in law ... Gave..."
- "Mike,I've been in Business since 1972 doing Roofs,Siding, Building Homes and also do Insurance repairs since 1987 in most ct. towns. I Have a customer that had Gutter Helmets put..."
- "I purchased a package of nabisco original saltines 8 pack stacks and 4 of the 8 were marked/stenciled with letters. 3 with letter D and 1 with B. Tried submitting..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."
- "My daughter calls me tonight stating that UDS delivered a package to our home, "between the 2 doors" on, I believe, 11/30/16. I look between the 2 doors and of..."